Why Artisan Prosthetics?
- Central location, convenient and private covered parking
- No charge consultation
- Extended hours available
- On-site lab
- Local, private ownership
- Capable of servicing older style prostheses including joint and corset, cable controlled upper extremity
ABC Certified Prosthetist, BOC Certified Orthotist
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio BS
- Northwestern University prosthetics certificate, 1990
- Began Artisan Prosthetics January 2001
- Outside interests include bike racing, adopting rescue animals
- Otto Bock C-leg and Touch Bionics certified
- Extensive experience in custom molded shoes, rotational control orthoses, below knee prostheses
Originally from Phoenix, AZ, received her Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology with a Minor in Chemistry from Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in 2012. She went on to obtain her Master of Science in Prosthetics-Orthotics from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas. Under the headship of the National Committee on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education, Kaitlin completed her prosthetic-orthotic residency at Jonesboro Prosthetic and Orthotic (JP&O) Laboratory in Arkansas. She primarily served their Mountain Home, AR, Harrison, AR, and West Plains, MO clinics, gaining experience in both the practitioner and technician aspects of the field. Her time in Arkansas also provided her insight with working in more rural settings and various out reach clinics.
She moved back home to Arizona and began working at Artisan Prosthetic in August 2015. Kaitlin recently passed all of her board exams through the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics, and Pedorthics and is now a fully certified orthotist-prosthetist.
Certified Orthotic Fitter
Ryan has worked and grown in the orthotic and prosthetic field, learning his skills beginning with his uncle Ernie Castro in Mesa. Ryan’s varied work experience has allowed him to become an important part of the clinical and fabrication team at Artisan.